I love you, Carl Sagan.
I wonder if you’re allowed to make friends in Hell. Or is it kind of like silent reading time, but with more fire.
Reading time with fire….
Books on fire…
Yep, must be hell.
There are even more listed at Good Lesbian Books, but I could only add 100 to the Goodreads list.
I somehow missed this when it came out!
You know that moment when you’re reading a book and you just have to stop and bite your lip and squeal or sigh or close your eyes and wrinkle your nose and forehead and press the book against your heart and just like sit there and try to soak up the gorgeous literature
That’s my favorite part of reading.
Including the categories Fiction, Graphic Novel, SF/F, Young Adult, Erotica, and Nonfiction.
here is some more shit i am tired of in my ya lit
- the one thing the dystopia never anticipated was our love
- our heterosexual love
- titles like FORBIDDEN and POISON and A HUNDRED BURNING MELODIES and THE TEST
- feelings are illegal
- in a world where everyone is the same can she be different
- i just never felt attractive even though by some standards i’m kind of okay i guess i’m thin and white with shoulder length brown hair and big eyes
- every book is a series there are at least four books here is how it goes
- 1. fall in love dare to dream torn apart 2. hunting for lost love OH NO ANOTHER BOY 3. reunited this decision is awkward 4. bringing freedom and truth to the people whoops we’re turning into immortals and my dad is back
- i’m very mature for my age very grown up yes yes serious
- this is an alternate world fantasy based on europe in the middle ages or something it is called ELYSIANA like things aren’t too bad peasantry is just kind of boring and the court is filled with backstabbing ladies in flounces who are jealous of my bond with the prince
- what are familial relationships lol
- this is a metaphor for racism starring white people and [magical species]
- turns out you are the secret princess heir to the fairy kingdom and that’s why you were always too strange and quirky for normal humans to understand
- but the fairy kingdom isn’t all fun and games anymore….
- my romantic best friend is always falling in love with the worst guys that fool not me i fall in love with no one
- but what happens when i meet adrian, a handsome snarky white boy with secrets of his own
- and what are these weird feelings i have for him
- you’ll never guess
[image description: six lesbian zombie book covers, titles listed below]
More lesbian halloween reads! This time, zombies.
Of these, I can 100% recommend Eat Your Heart Out and The Abandoned (both are linked to my reviews).
Zapocalypse: The Midnight Special by D. Dye, standing in for the entire Lesbians vs Zombies series. (I have the t-shirt! Though I have yet to read the books, even though I’m really excited about them.)
The Abandoned by Ross Campbell, which I have recommended before.
As the World Dies trilogy by Rhiannon Frater
Eat Your Heart Out by Dayna Ingram (I love this book so much)
The Undying Apathy Of Imogen Shroud by Ben White
Zombies at Cheer Camp: A Lesbian Sex Story by Elizabeth de la Place
[image description: six covers of lesbian werewolf books, titles listed below]
Yet another lesbian Halloween reads post! This time, werewolves.
Thanks to Queer Horror for some of these.
Goldenseal by Gill McKnight
Witch Wolf by Winter Pennington
Barking at the Moon by Nene Adams
Nadya: The Wolf Chronicles by Pat Murphy
Women Who Run with the Werewolves: Tales of Blood, Lust and Metamorphosis edited by Pam Keesey (some lesbian stories, some straight stories)
And one more:
Lunatic Fringe by Allison Moon. Allison is on tumblr and is currently trying to raise money through Kickstarter to actually be able to pay her editor and illustrator for working on the sequel to this book.